Montag, 14. November 2016

Increase of salaries and taxes

So shortly after the election of Mayor Duterte to the president,  - that was, at the time when he promised the army and the police the salary increases -, my friend said to me: "Watch out. Now everything  will get  a bit more expensive! With  what are the higher wages to be paid for? "

At that time I thought to myself: "Well. Then the vegetables and fruits will be more expensive! "

Then  the announcement was published that the salary of teachers should be increased. And for Christmas any teacher could ever expect a nice bonus of at least PHP 5,000.

Today, I think again of my friend, because I have received infos from Kidapawan. The people there are disturbed and annoyed because the annual taxes, which have to be paid there in December, should have increased. So simply, so from now-on, without any warning. The taxes are almost twice as high as last year! So I was told

We here in Davao have to pay our taxes starting  January. Let's see how high these are.

With best regards
Ludwig from Davao

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen