Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014

The spice Turmeric for athletes


Performance enhancement in sport
7 1.2014

Recently I came up with a well-known basketball player from Davao. We spoke  about this-and-that, but our topic was  the best nutrition and how to  increase power -  if the team wants  to ascend to the Philippine National Team, then this is a very very important topic!

And in between  he told me from his “secret home made method”  that he takes when he has the feeling that something is wrong in "his body" . It is a fish soup, but the fish has to be cooked  with a special spice. And the most important question was for me: What kind of spice ? Where to get it ?
Some times later he brought me his secret spice and showed it to me . It looked like a ginger tuber , but inside it was yellow. And  immediately  I thought of our famous  spice CURRY. And really, it is known  here as turmeric  .

As we know now , turmeric has been used here - as well as Ginger - for a  long time to treat stress and for immune stabilization - especially after a hard workout. Due to the antioxidant activity of turmeric, it can  boost performance in a play - with success.  So it seems... Who try it out with me ?

With best regards,

Ludwig from Davao 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen